This month has been a really good month for me. I booked my tickets to YALC which also led to me meeting a fellow bibliophile who lives really close to me! I love meeting new people especially since it means I now do not have to brave YALC alone! Yay!! More great news this month is that I was asked to be rep for the amazing Nerdy Bookworm Box. If you haven’t heard of it before I definitely recommend you check it out. It is a spectacular bookish subscription box that is full of bookish goodies. You can look at my May unboxing here. It would also seem that my blog is growing in popularity. I have had an author approach me about reviewing and bookstagramming her book. So keep an eye out for that. Overall a very good month for me and I hope it continues.
I wouldn’t be having such a great time if it wasn’t for all of you amazing followers taking the time to read my posts and liking my pictures. So thank you so much!!
So May hasn’t been a bad month for reading. I managed to read seven books and start an eighth one. During the last two weeks of May I started focusing on reading only YALC books as I am determined to read as many as I could before I meet the authors.
- Demon Road – Derek Landers – I received this arc from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review which you can find here.
- Mated – Vanessa Sims – I won this on Goodreads and I am so glad I did. It was a quick but enjoyable read. Check out my review here.
- Passenger – Alexandra Bracken – I read this as part of a buddy read. It would seem I enjoyed it more than my reading buddy. But I personally thought it was a spectacular read. My review is here.
- Read Me Like a Book – Liz Kessler – .5 I won this book from Maximum Pop books. I thought I would enjoy this book but it just didn’t have any spark for me. However, I do think it is a book many people would enjoy. Read my review to get a better understanding of what I mean.
- A Promise of Fire – Amanda Bouchet – I receive this from NetGalley in exchage for an honest review. I cannot state enough how much I adored this book .The characters have stuck by me long after finishing it. It also happens that the author is amazing and has agreed to answer a few questions which I will post nearer the release date of this book. In the mean time you can see my review here.
- The Dark Days Club – Alison Goodman – I was really looking forward to this book as it was compared to Cassandra Clare, Buffy among other things. However, I was a little let down. I still enjoyed the book but it was just very slow in some parts. Read my review to find out what I liked about it.
- A Darker Shade of Magic – V.E. Schwab – This was my first of many YALC reads. I am glad I started with this one because it was breath-taking.
There we go another month finished. Have you had a productive month? Let me know. I love talking to you guys.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin