I can’t believe August is over! Unfortunately that means I am now back in work so the amount of time I have to read has diminished greatly. However, in August I managed to read 9 books which I was pretty happy with. It would have been more if I had been able to finish Gilded Cage and Shiver. Unfortunately I put them to one side as they started putting me into a bit of a reading slump. Although the books I did manage to read this month were amazing!
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Of course this would be my first read of August. I bought it at YALC the day of release and spent most of the day reading it. It was quite fun to look around YALC and see loads of people sitting around reading it. Read my review here.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses – This had been sitting on my shelf for months and I finally gave in to the hype and read it. I am so glad I did. I adored it!! Check out my review.
- A Court of Mist and Fury – If I thought ACOTAR was great then ACOMAF was spectacular. Go read my review to find out why.
- The Graces – I saw the promo for this book at YALC and was really excited to read it. So when I opened my Illumicrate to find this book inside I was really happy. Unfortunately this book wasn’t what I expected. It was well written but now what I thought it would be. Read my review to know more.
- Zane (Were-Zoo) – I love these books by R.E Butler. They are quick to read and are full of Shifter fun. I wrote a combined review for Zane and Jupiter here.
- Jupiter (Were-Zoo) – Read above
- Stealing Snow – I won this Arc and was really looking forward to reading it. It helped me get out of the reading slump I was finding myself in whilst I read Gilded Cage. I enjoyed the vague references to Snow White and other fairytales. I am looking forward to reading the next in the series.
- Holding Up the Universe – I don’t usually read a lot of contemporary but I heard about this book and thought it sounded really interesting and it was definitely that. I adored this book! Especially as a psychologist I found the characters to be extremely interesting. One of my favourite reads of the year.
- One– This book was a quick read but that didn’t make it any less emotional. I found myself all teary by the end of this book.
Not only did I read 9 books last month but I also really started my bullet journal. I am looking for inspiration anywhere I can find it. I think I am getting a little better. But you know what they say practice makes perfect! Last month I also became a rep for GeekyClean, Till and Dill and will be a rep for andbook2016 for the month of September. I am really looking forward to sharing this great products with you.
Well there you go. Hope you enjoyed my wrap up. Let’s hope September is a great reading month 😀
Follow me on: