This month was a bit of a slow reading month for me. I went back to work after six weeks off and found myself struggling to read a book which left me in a huge reading slump. Thankfully a couple weeks in I pulled myself out. I managed to read 5 books this month, which when taking into account I only read one book the first two weeks isn’t too bad.
- A Torch Against the Night – I managed to grab this ARC at YALC and I am so glad I did. I loved this book and if possible I actually thought it was better than Ember! Go here to read my review.
- The Fire Sermon- – Unfortunately this is when my slump hit. It wasn’t the books fault, I was just so tired from work that I had no desire to do anything but lie down in front of the tv. However, the book had such a great ending that it started getting me out of the slump.
- Lydia: The Wild Girl of Pride and Prejudice – This book is amazing and is responsible for getting me completely out of the slump. I love Jane Austen and am always looking for a good retelling and this book was perfect. It left me wanting to reread Pride & Prejudice and add this story in. Review is right here.
- Shadow & Bone – With Crooked Kingdom right around the corner I decided to finally start reading the Grisha series. I really enjoyed this book and it was great to finally understand some of the references that went a little over my head whilst I read Six of Crows.
- Replica – This was another Arc I managed to get my hands on at YALC and it is amazing. It took me a while to get the hang of flipping it back and for but it was such an interesting format. The ending left me completely thrown off but in a good way. I did not see it coming!
Like I said not a great month for reading but hopefully October will be a little more successful.
Follow me on: